- General Browsing Information: Any time you visit the BioTherm Websites or use our downloadable apps, we may gather certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. This information includes browser characteristics, your service provider IP address, the search engine you may have used to locate the BioTherm Websites, a unique device identifier, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on the BioTherm Websites, and dates and times of visits.
- Personal Information Voluntarily Provided: We gather personal information you provide to us (such as your name, address, testimonials, e-mail address, telephone number, demographic information, payment information) when you request information about a product or service, register on the BioTherm Websites, request email reminders or email newsletters, sign up for a service, enter one of our sweepstakes or contests, take a survey or use any of the other interactive portions or features of the BioTherm Websites. When personally identifiable information is requested on the BioTherm Websites, some requests are marked as “Required”; this personally identifiable information is necessary to allow you to participate in the feature or service you’ve requested.
How Your Information Is Used
We use the information collected at the BioTherm Websites for the following purposes:
- To understand your needs and preferences, to develop, market, sell or provide products and services, and possibly to conduct surveys, research and evaluations.
- To advertise our services or products.
- To complete your request for services or respond to your use of features on the BioTherm Websites.
- To tailor your experience on the BioTherm Websites to your interests and geographic region.
- To respond to your inquires about our products and services.
- To inform you of special events and offers or programs offered with our selected companies.
- To operate, evaluate, manage, improve and develop BioTherm Inc.’s business and operations, administer accounts, collect and process payments.
- To perform data analytics.
- To detect and protect BioTherm Inc. and other third parties against error, negligence, fraud, theft and other illegal activities and to audit compliance with policies.
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to BioTherm Websites and apps, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse the BioTherm Websites, and (iii) managing our business. We may supplement data we collect on the BioTherm Websites through automated means with information about your location (such as your zip code) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, and administer the BioTherm Websites, identify users of the BioTherm Websites, and gather demographic information about our users.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We collect and maintain the personal information of our consumers for the use of BioTherm Inc. and its affiliated companies. We do not share your personally identifiable information with third parties other than as described below.
- Selected Companies: BioTherm Inc. may work with select retailers and other companies at various times to provide expanded services that relate to BioTherm Websites or its visitors. As part of such a relationship, BioTherm Inc. may share with these companies or these companies may interact with your browser, collect or have access to some or all of the information collected in connection with certain interactive functions offered on the BioTherm Websites (such as, the E-Mail Reminder Service) or on other web sites where BioTherm Inc. provides advertisements and interactive functions.
- Service Providers: BioTherm Inc. may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering e-mail services, monitoring website activity and running special promotions, such as sweepstakes, contests or surveys. Such parties only have access to the personal information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose.
- Business Transfers: In the event that BioTherm Inc. sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of BioTherm Inc. or a BioTherm Inc. affiliated company or brands are acquired, consumer information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
- Compliance with Law/Safety: BioTherm Inc. may disclose specific personal information based on a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of the BioTherm Websites, the Website itself, or the public.
Retention of Personal Information
BioTherm Inc. may retain the information it collects on the BioTherm Websites as long as necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the information was collected. In some cases, BioTherm Inc. is required by law to retain the information it collects for a specified period of time.
Policies on Children
To ensure compliance with federal law, BioTherm Inc. does not knowingly collect or maintain information provided by children under the age of 13.
We may use third-party web analytics services on the BioTherm Websites, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyze how users use the BioTherm Websites. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. To learn about opting out of Google Analytics, please click here.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, plug-ins and widgets on the BioTherm Websites, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the websites and apps and your interactions with these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
Accessing BioTherm Websites from Outside of the United States
If you are visiting the BioTherm Websites from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States. Any information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our Web server and/or other internal systems located within the United States.
To access registration information that you create on the BioTherm Websites, you will need to use a password that you create. To protect the integrity of the information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties.
Correcting and Updating Information
You can update or modify your information by contacting BioTherm Inc. as described below.
BioTherm Inc. takes your privacy seriously and values its relationship with you. We will take reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure any personal data you provide to us.
You may always discontinue your receipt of future email newsletters and/or other email communications you previously requested from BioTherm Inc. by unsubscribing in the email newsletter or contacting BioTherm.